Sunday, August 11, 2013

World News

Suspected US drone strike kills 2 alleged militants in Yemen
In this Nov. 8, 2011 file photo, a Predator B unmanned aircraft taxis at the Naval Air Station in Corpus Christi, Texas. (AP Photo)












A suspected U.S. drone strike killed two alleged Al Qaeda militants in southern Yemen on Saturday, military officials said, making it the ninth such strike in just two weeks.
The strike in Lahj province wounded two other militants, one of them seriously, the officials said. The four had been traveling in a car in the area of el-Askariya. The officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak to the media, said it was the first time a U.S. drone fired on this area of Lahj.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's feel free to share our opinion.